It is never easy to choose a volunteer program, so many, so many promises. We don’t boast about stats, don’t claim to be the cheapest, the best, we just do what we do because we love it and because we can give people an opportunity to share. We live here, we volunteer here, and we love the work we do. We charge a fair fee that allows us to live and to provide the service that we do.
We work at two of the most needy, yet popular programs in Vietnam, the Ba Vi disability center, and Huong La Disability/Orphange program. We started our "Helping Hands Vietnam" program to provide more assistance to our programs and to the disadvantaged peoples of Northern Vietnam. When you come to Red Lotus you will become part of an ever growing international and local family, and share in the joy that brings. Take our tour for first time volunteers, experience Northern Vietnam and volunteering in a unique package.
- We are not here to make our fortune, this is a business, but one that will always meet the needs of our programs before personal gain. - We make a modest living allowance and have administration and operating costs, beyond that we cater to the material needs of our partners when we have the financial resources available to do so.
- At Ba Vi volunteers are accommodated in one of two Guest Houses in Thuy An village, a short walk to the disability center.
- In Ha Nam volunteers stay in a very comfortable hotel.
- Both locations are very clean, have air conditioning and wifi available.
- We are a small family of people who care for each other, our beneficiaries, and our volunteers. - When you come to Red Lotus you become part of this family, and you are accorded the respect and courtesy that each family member deserves. - We operate our programs with a philosophy that encompasses, compassion, love, understanding and truth.
We sacrificed a lot in terms of a business to focus completely on two programs that need us, and need you. We have built a family of dedicated workers through our HHV program and have one of the highest volunteer return ratios of any service in the world. Family is our key word and drives our work, we work in an environment that is emotionally difficult but highly rewarding, and we offer that opportunity to you. We make a difference, step by step, day by day, change does not occur overnight, it is a process that needs much understanding. Vietnam has its very own culture and traditions that are required to be embraced, we are guests in this country and act accordingly. We seek people that have a caring and compassionate nature, and are willing to give of their time and are willing to receive life’s lessons.
In the Buddhist Culture the Red lotus signifies the heart, love, compassion.
Let us advise you 24/7